BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights at the Beach 2022
Drive your vehicle ON THE BOARDWALK through Nautical, Holiday, and Adventure Lands with a soundtrack signal playing traditional Holiday music on your vehicle’s radio. Festive fish, musical crabs, and hard-working elves – all in brightly colored lights against the moonlit Atlantic Ocean – are the stars of BayPort Credit Union Holiday Lights at the Beach. They are joined by light-up Santa and a 40-foot tall Christmas tree erected on the beach and in the beautiful parks along the Virginia Beach Boardwalk. The light display includes archways along the entire length of the spectacular light display with fish swimming overhead and spectacular light tunnels to drive through. Military tributes to the region’s strong Armed Forces community are featured prominently throughout the display.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- All vehicles enter the Boardwalk through the Holiday Lights at the Beach main entrance on Atlantic Avenue at 2nd Street.
- Vehicle queue on Atlantic Avenue begins at 21st Street.
- All vehicles must observe traffic regulations posted on the boardwalk.
- Tickets are subject to availability.
- No refunds on purchased tickets.
- Light show is held rain or shine. Show may be suspended or postponed due to severe weather or in case of severe weather forecast. Follow Live! On Atlantic on Facebook and Instagram for weather updates.
- All vehicles must be properly registered and insured to operate in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- All vehicles must observe the posted speed limit.
- Pedestrians are prohibited on the Boardwalk during light show.
- Passengers must remain in vehicle at all times and vehicles are prohibited from parking on the Boardwalk.
- These regulations do not alter or change State or City laws in any manner and guests are subject to all applicable State or City laws.
- For more resort info, please visit www.visitvirginiabeach.com
ROAD CLOSURE DETAILS:
For more detailed information about the parade, please call the Resort Management Office at 385-4800.
• Parade starts at 5:30pm and will end by 7:30pm
Estimated road closing times:
3:30pm Hard Closure (no access)
Atlantic Avenue from 5th to 17th street
200 Blocks of Atlantic Avenue from 9th to 15th street (parade assembly)
5:00pm Hard Closure (no access)
Atlantic Avenue 17th to 30th street
200 Blocks of 26th – 29th street (disassembly)
Estimated road opening times:
The 200 block of 9th Street will remain open for access to the parking garage.
Atlantic Avenue will open as the parade passes once deemed safe by the Virginia Beach Police
Atlantic Avenue will be completely open no later than 8:00pm.
Parade steps off on Atlantic Ave at 15th Street going North to 25th Street
Parade judging & main stage area will at 25th Street (east side of Atlantic Ave.)
***Please review the attached map with road closure email***
Holiday Lights will not open until 8:00 PM, after the parade.
Parking on Atlantic Ave will not be permitted all day on Saturday December 3rd, 2022.
Parking on the 200 blocks of 25th street to 29th street will not be permitted all day on Saturday December